A re-imagination of a movie's title sequence. Each composition is a motif or reference to a scene from the movie.
Key Style Frames
Gattaca is a somber but beautiful movie, and it's filled with nuance and symbolism, which I aimed to recreate in this animation.
- The two separate sets of DNA strands in the beginning form into one, a metaphor of the main character taking on the identity of his brother.
- The spinning rings are an abstraction of the gravity simulator from the movie.
- The floating circles are cells, an important basis of the movie's plot.
- The eclipse is a depiction of space and the storyline of the main character.
- Each of the turquoise letters is either a G,A,T, or C. These are the letters that represent the four proteins that make up DNA. More importantly, the letters that make up the word, "Gattaca."
I made this piece years ago, and it's still one of my favorite examples of the power of simplicity.